Alien invasions, asteroid impacts, ice age and nuclear wars look rather exciting in movies. But do you know what is the scary part? These events can actually wipe out the world one day.
Here are the top 9 apocalyptic events that could destroy our world tomorrow.
1. Asteroids – They are the reason we don’t have dinosaurs today. If an asteroid hits the earth, no species would survive thanks to the horrendous impact, ashes and blockage of sunlight for decades. We will be in ice age!
2. The Terminator looks cool on TV. Imagine if millions of Terminators were to appear. Killing machines do exist and scientist believe that the singularity (an era at which artificial intelligence will be much more powerful than human intelligence) is near.
3. Supervolcano – The massive explosion of the volcano at Yellowstone National Park can end the world as we know it. However, it won’t be the lava. The ash will spread all over the world disrupting the ozone layer and causing climate change.
4. Planet X – It’s also known as the Mega Earth and the Godzilla of Earths. The encounter between our earth and Planet X would be rather disastrous. Some astronomers believe that Planet X is a hoax. Let’s wait.
5. Engineered diseases – Imagine if cancer was contagious and HIV was airborne. All humans would be dead within months. According to one theory, engineered diseases can cause a global pandemic. The government banned the research on an engineered virus called H5N1 Bird Flu Virus as it was supposed to kill ‘half of the population’ it affects.
6. Solar Storms – They will destroy the world’s technology and electricity. Everything will come to a halt. While it won’t end the world, our lives that depend totally on electricity will be majorly affected.
7. Greenhouse Effect – In few decades, our world will become a super-hot oven. The glaciers and polar caps are melting, sea levels are rising and we are soon going to be enveloped by raging hurricanes and floods.
8. The Big Rip – This theory states that our whole universe will tear itself apart one day. The scientist, Robert Caldwell of Dartmouth College, explains that at the rate our universe is expanding, the chances of the Big Rip are greater.
9. Nuclear Holocaust – This one can happen any time. It is quite obvious that the human civilization can readily destroy itself.
Are you ready for the end of the world?