Khewra Salt Mine: By now, you must all know that Pakistan is home to sublime hidden gems; one could’ve ever imagined of. It is indeed hard to believe such unimaginable places happen to exist in our very own homeland!
Here we have the World’s Second Largest Salt Mine in Pakistan – The fascinating Khewra Salt Mine. It is located in Pind Dadan Khan Tehsil, in the Jhelum district of Punjab. The mine is one of the most eminent tourism spot in Pakistan for both local residents and foreign visitors – which attracts over 250,000 visitors per year. WOW!
Here’s why you should visit this imposingly beautiful site. Have a look and get ready to pack your bags!
1. Beautiful Badshaahi Masjid made with multi-colored salt bricks about fifty years ago
2. Such perfection of the artistic carvings
3. Wouldn’t you just want to stare at those crystal deposits on the wall?
4. How amazing would it be to pray here?
5. ALL salt bricks. The artists have indeed showed their impeccable efforts!
6. This gorgeously glowing tunnel. Can you believe all that salt?
7. Such perfect hues of white, red and pink salt formations
8. Beautiful lamps made with salt rocks are sold outside the salt mine at a souvenir shop
9. The Mine also showcases incredible replicas of famous world monuments. Such perfect formation of Minar e Pakistan!
10. You have to visit this place to believe it.. It will blow your mind away..
11. These gleaming walls of salt leave a perfect reflection on the saltwater pond..
Have you ever visited this stunningly beautiful salt mine? Would you love to visit it? Want to gaze in wonder?