Life becomes dull and you can turn into a zombie if you have a monotonous routine. It is not a big secret but a holiday can do wonders. Contrary to popular belief, a luxurious holiday doesn’t always have to be super-expensive.
For us Pakistanis, travelling to popular locations seems to be out of reach. However, that’s not the case. With correct travel planning and a little bit of research, you can have a budget-friendly getaway that will leave you rejuvenated.
Little Tips That Will Save You Money
1. Book your air tickets in advance. Look for off-season bargains offered by almost all major airlines.
2. Choose a 3-star accommodation rather than spending all your money on a lavish 5-star hotel. Reserve a room in advance looking out for seasonal offers by hotels.
Now, let us show you some of the most beautiful countries you can travel to!
1. Istanbul, Turkey
Since the day our channels have started showing Turkish soap operas, Pakistanis have been going crazy about Turkey. Turkey is a wonderful country dotted with splendid landscapes and lovely people.
To experience the best of Turkey, a trip to Istanbul is a must. Take a Bosphorus cruise, see traditional Whirling Dervishes performances, and try out the renowned Turkish coffee and borek. For 7 days and nights, you can expect the expenses to be around Rs. 125,000 per person.
2. Athens, Greece
The European country features strings of sun-kissed beaches, ancient ruins, vibrant night-life and tempting cuisines. Whether you want a quiet retreat with your family or an exciting getaway with friends, Greece won’t disappoint you.
Those of you who are travelling to Greece for the first time, make a beeline for Athens, the cosmopolitan city with a touch of history. You can experience the essence of Greece right in this city.
For a week long-vacation in Athens, you will need to have a budget of Rs. 150,000 per person. This amount will cover all your transport expenses, stay in a 3 star accommodation as well as food and entertainment.
3. Barcelona, Spain
Spain is widely known for its intriguing places and dynamic lifestyle. From snow-capped mountains and Roman ruins to lively fiestas, Spain has a lot to offer. Barcelona, the city lying along the sea coast, should be the first one on your bucket list. Alive with the bohemian vibe, Barcelona is superb for a luxurious yet affordable vacation.
Your budget for a week-long vacation in Barcelona will be around 175,000 per person. Within budget, you can experience the best of Spain that involves trips to gorgeous beaches and offbeat spots, enjoying world class dining and meeting some of the best people.
4. Milan, Italy
When it comes to Italy, Milan is the hub of Italian culture. The metropolitan city is renowned for its world-class dining, iconic fashion and design and tons of panoramic places to explore.
Within Rs 175,000 per person, you can see some of the most amazing places in the world. Visit the ancient cathedrals, have a picnic by Lake Como and indulge in delicious risottos and stews.
5. Paris, France
While anywhere in France will make a fabulous getaway, you just can’t beat Paris. In just Rs 190,000 per person, you can explore the charming city of flowers.
Famous for its cafe culture, Gothic ruins and cathedrals and Eiffel Tower, travelling to the quaint city of Paris will prove to be utterly spectacular.
Some more tips – Visa Requirements for Greece, Italy, Spain and France.
1) Submit your visa application at least 4 week prior to departure to avoid any inconvenience.
2) Provide sufficient employment proof for the visa officer to convince him that you will return back from your stay. (Bank statements, salary slips, employment letters, tax returns, NTN certificates and proof of business.)
3) Your bank account should have the budgeted amount deposited for the visa officer to view.
4) Submit complete travel documents which include visa forms, correct photographs, valid passport, CNIC copies, marriage certificates, passport copies, previous visa copies together with ticket reservation, hotel bookings and travel insurance.
5) Provide polio certificates and medical certificates where necessary.
For more information, contact the experts at Travel Package Compare. They’ll help you find the perfect trip according to your budget and your bucket list.
Life is too short, travel now! Working makes you money, while travelling makes you rich. Visit these wonderful places while you are still young and energetic.