Punishments are always frowned upon and growing up in a strict household is never amusing. To avoid such strict circumstances, a child MUST behave like a good human being and respect all the rules and regulations in the house at all times or else – face the consequences.
Well, Pakistani parents like to desify everything that comes their way. They punish their young ones in the most humiliating ways possible and the word mercy does not exist in their dictionaries… 😉
Have a look at these famous punishments that all of us might have been through.
1. Flying chittar was always aimed at you. Bathroom ki chappal, abba ka joota, aur behn ki heels. It used to come right at you before your eyes could even see it. ‘Nice aim Mom!’
2. If your ammi or abbu had kick ass reflexes, a thappar did what no other could do. You might be having a flashback of the last thappar you received. Right?
3. How painful was this ‘murgha’ punishment at home and at school? How many times did you become a murgha or murghi? 😉
4. The ‘baylan’ was the mother of all the kitchen utensils. Even if it had ‘aata’ slathered all over it. she wouldn’t give a sh*t and would throw it right at you.
5. If you pissed your mom while she cooked in the kitchen, a wooden spoon was the first thing she grabbed and ran after you!
6. You know you could never escape your abba’s leather belt.. Took only seconds to pull his belt out.
7. Kneeling down with your hands up in the air was intensely painful. Who was the freak that even came up with this ignorant punishment in the first place?
8. Jharoo, yes. So, it’s basically whatever your parents used to find lying around at that time. It came right at you.
Ahh.. bittersweet memories? Did you just travel back into your past? In what humiliating ways were you punished as a child or a teenager? Let us know! 😉