English language has become an essential part of our lives. However, it has changed some people’s lives, while others are merely struggling to be fluent. What’s funny is combining both the languages English and Urdu to form that perfect sentence. Talk about next level? Well, this is how we Pakistanis do it!
It’s utterly hilarious to hear a portion of the English language in the most Pakistani way possible. Imagine English words existing in Urdu? What? We know, it’s way too gulaabi for you to handle 😉
We’ve compiled a few Pakistani English words here (yes, a few) or else the list would’ve been never-ending and pretty boring.
1. When your mom wants to watch the latest ‘film’ that has been released.
2. You know it’s your turn to fill up the ‘cans’ this time.
3. And sometimes, even a mild headache might lead you to the ‘hospital.’
4. When you can’t decide which ‘cinema’ to go to.
5. You simply can’t ignore your uncle’s question about your studies and ‘college.’ No way.
6. ‘Biscuits’ should always be in stock. You never know when you might have an unexpected guest.
7. Carrying an expensive ‘mobile’ phone can be troublesome. You should always carry your sasta Nokia at all times.
8. No one can beat those delicious ‘cutlets’ your mom makes!
9. No money, no ‘shopping’ – Simple.
10. Either lawn or cotton, don’t forget to ‘shrink’ it before you send it off for stitching.
11. Did you forget to inform your ‘driver’ again?
12. It’s not always an easy task to change a light ‘bulb’ in an old age.
Pakistani English is no doubt pretty hilarious! What words do you know of?