Gilgit-Baltistan with its six districts is home to some of the most beautiful places that man knows, that were created by nature. Full of lush green valleys and enormous trees, that lends to the feel that you have stepped out of reality and entered a fantasy realm that people read about and can only imagine.
For those who have seen the world but not our beautiful country, they might be mistaken, thinking that these stunning images are from somewhere else.
Here are just a few of those sensational pictures that take us to the fantasy realm of Gilgit-Baltistan.
1. The beautiful fields of France – nope it’s the beautiful valley of Phander
2. A village from Europe? More like a village in Gojal
3. Lake Tekapo in New Zealand – guess again it’s the mesmerising lake of Kurumbar
4. A river in Bosnia? Try again, this is the stunning Hunza River
5. Lunch in the Alps – try the very serene Domial Lake
6. A village in China? Think closer to home, Shangrila in the fall
7. British Columbia? Try Gojal and its beautiful valley roads
8. Mountainside dwellings in Italy – nope this is the gorgeous Astore valley
9. A valley created in a Hollywood movie – take another guess – it’s the impressive valley of Mashabrum
10. Crossing in Eastern Europe – wrong again, it’s the splendid Tangier Bridge
11. The banks of a lake in Spain – more like Gupis Valley along the banks of the Gilgit River – exquisite
12. Splendid view of the Gupis valley – not Europe – if that’s what you thought
13. The dazzling beauty of Gilgit – can’t compare it to anything
14. Venezuela – not even close – Chamachu Road waterfall
15. Stunning beauty of Australia – not even close, it’s the splendour of Baltistan that you see
These were just a few pictures to wet your appetite to head out to Gilgit-Baltistan. The beauty there is immense. It’s time to pack your bags and head out, wouldn’t you agree?