You would just hate to think that there are some people, well Pakistanis to be ‘exact’ who hate chai. Yes, as much as the majority loves chai; the minority HATES it. Hard to believe? It certainly is.
Here are some reasons why they express so much hate on chai:
1. They never understand which one to purchase in the first place. Just so many to choose from.. fruit tea? herbal tea? green tea? What the hell?
2. They can never learn the art of making Tea. Too much water, or too much milk – fail to get the ratios right every time.. “Yaar kese bana lete hain log chai?”
3. For them, tea is just hot water with dirt, milk and sugar.. “isse acha coffee hi peelo, kuch zaiqa to hota hai”..
4. They fear they’ll suffer from insomnia after having a cup of tea..
5. If they’re diet conscious, they’ll never have it without sugar. Hence, the nafrat.
6. To them, the concept of tea is simply bizarre..
7. They don’t have the patience for it to cool down.. Patience is the key.
8. They’ll choose coffee over tea. Every single time. The word ‘tea’ does NOT exist in their dictionaries..
9. They are glad they are not addicted to caffeine and they don’t suffer from headaches.
10. They get offended when people ask them “how can you hate chai, zinda kese ho?”
11. Also, when they ask “Chai nahi, toh kia peete ho?”
12. And, if they have guests arrive at their home, they’ll never offer them tea which appears to be rude..
Are these valid reasons to hate chai? Are you a hater or a lover?