If you grew up in Pakistan, you must have come across annoying Pakistani aunties. They scan you with their beady eyes, pinch your cheeks that make you almost cry out in pain and pass comments on how you are failing at life.
All you want to do is run away from the spot, but it isn’t easy. They are EVERYWHERE. Although, they have numerous ways to kill the joy, these 7 habits of highly effective annoying Pakistani aunties are the most common!
1. Gossip – The scariest habit is when a whole bunch of them get together and have a gossip session… about YOU. You can feel their eyes on you and you can hear the giggles full of malice.
2. Interrogation – An aunty never misses an opportunity to scan you up and down and shamelessly asks personal questions about your love life.
3. Unwanted Remarks on Appearance – You are either too short or tall, thin or fat and too ugly or too beautiful. But for her, you are NEVER perfect.
4. Her Awesome Children – Even if her children are extreme losers, aunty can’t get over them.
5. Betuki Life Advice – She wants you to listen to her expert opinions. She is the master-chef, career counsellor, fashion designer, driver and she would LOVE to be your psychologist.
6. Criticizing Session – Your roti is never round enough for her, your pay sucks, your fashion sense is a disaster and if you are single, then you are OLD (even at 20).
7. Emotional Blackmailing – When you are about to say bye, she gets extra-sweet that you smell diabetes in the air. You begin to feel ‘safe’ in her presence, but the spell is broken when she says, ‘tum to hamare ghar ate hi nahi.’
The only way to escape an aunty is to run away as fast as you can before she spots you. Good luck.