Every place has a history. What happened here? Why was it constructed? What happened to the people who used to live here? There are many unanswered questions. The fact is that everything in this world is temporary; people move on and things fall apart.
However, sometime certain things leave their mark and manage to affect the people around. Here are the some of the spine-chillingly creepy places in Pakistan that have an air of mystery about them.
1. Chaukhandi Tombs is an eerily beautiful early Islamic graveyard situated 29 km east of Karachi. The centuries-old cemetery has graves of kings and queens that lure people from all over the world. The rumor has it that after sunset, the graves begin to burn up and turn scalding hot. This is accompanied by apparitions, strange voices and screams.
2. Harjeena is a fishing spot in the town of Dhabeji, Sindh. According to local fishermen, you should never go there alone or stay after the sundown. Chances are you will never make it through the night. Restless ghouls, trapped souls and other entities parade the area.
3. The 100 years old house in Gujrat is allegedly haunted by a friendly spirit of a saint-like man. The abandoned house has crumbling walls, overgrown garden and a spooky look. Many locals have claimed to see the old man walking around in the house. He even plays catch with kids!
4. There is an abandoned house in Soldier Bazar, Karachi, which is said to be possessed by a demonic spirit. Nicknamed as Bhoot Bangla, there have been various cases of paranormal activities. Sometimes at night, a strange man comes to the roof and screams for help.
5. A newly-wed couple moved into the house in Nazimabad and were brutally murdered in 1992. To this day, the locals hear their cries.
Want to read about more haunted places in Pakistan? Check this out!