Who doesn’t love a glimpse into a past? We have compiled a list of vintage Pakistani printed ads that appeared on newspapers and magazines decades ago.
Let’s take a visual trip down a commercialized memory lane!
1. A print advertisement by North Western Railways to attract tourists to Lahore in 1935.
2. A 1973 ad for Jet Washing Powder.
3. Ad from the early 80s in which Rameez Raja is promoting Sport Soap. It was priced Rs. 3.25 only!
4. Early days of Rexona Bath Soap, in the 1960s.
5. This ad was published in 1954 by Orient Airways LTD in the Dawn Newspaper in 1954. Can you believe the ticket was worth Rs.146 only!
6. Print advertisement of the National Embroidery Mills Limited, Punjab. It was published in the Mirror Magazine in 1963.
7. Pure Kashmir Honey of Lahore is being promoted on the postcard in the year of 1944.
8. An advertisement of Pakistan Railway which was published on the 1953-54 yearbook of PR by the Railway Division, Government of Pakistan.
9. Aroma Tea published in The Mirror Magazine in 1963. Doesn’t the illustration look cool?
10. The factory of B.P. Bread in Karachi, 1953. It was sold fresh from the oven. The bread is still widely available.
11. Capstan Cigarette Ad in the early 1980s.
12. The comeback of Dalda in Pakistan after the separation. The advertisement was published in the Dawn Newspaper in 1953.
13. An advertisement of Family Planning published in Ayub Khan regime in the 1960s.
14. An entertainment magazine called Adakar, published by Syed Attahullah Shah Hashmi in the 1940s, in Lahore and Mumbai.
15. An ad of Glaxose-D in the 1960s.
16. A film poster of the Pakistani version of James Bond in 1971. The movie was called ‘Jane Bond 008 – Operation Karachi’.
17. Nirala Sweets in the 1950s. The mithai shop is one of the oldest in Lahore.
18. A Saudi Arabian postcard praising the city of Karachi in the 1980s.
19. A 1960s ad of Tibet Shaving Cream.
20. A 1950s ad of Tibet toothpaste and soap.
21. A 1969 ad featuring Honda Motorcycle of 90 CC model.
22. The ad of Grundig Radio manufactured by Syyad Bhais Limited in Lahore, 1960.
23. A 1958 ad promoting Hotel Excelsior in Karachi. The ad was published in Women’s World Magazine.
24. Another vintage ad of Hotel MetroPole and Cabana Night Club & Restaurant in Karachi.
25. Ad of LifeBouy Soap from the 1960s.
26. Ad of Tullo Cooking Oil from 1960-70s era.
How did you like these vintage print advertisements?
Source: My Historical Pakistan.