So Ramadan has started, and I bet you guys are enjoying the days, right? Well, we all have those moments during Ramadan which sometimes drive us crazy because seriously 16 hours of fasting is no joke! Can you recall these moments below?
1. Waking up for sehri is ‘Mission Impossible.’
2. Eating when you are half asleep is more like someone has a aimed a gun at your head.
3. And when you wake up late for sehri, and you realize you only have a minute left.
4. Not being able to sleep after sehri, you log on to facebook or go play cricket.
5. When you have to refrain from watching movies and listening to songs.
6. People asking you “aur kitne paaray khatam hogaye?” Gosh..are we in a race?
7. Self-control becomes really hard. No abusive language, no lies, etc.
8. Ramadan days seem to be the longest days ever..
9. When we’re watching cooking shows… all we do is *drool*.
10. Counting every hour on the clock till iftar.
11. And when your mom is in the kitchen cooking, and you can smell the amazing food.
12. You go in the kitchen and taste something and realize you’re fasting. OOPS!
13. The best part is receiving an iftar tray from your neighbors. OH YEAH!
14. When you get oxidized fruit chaat from your neighbors.. there’s a thing called ‘lemon’ to prevent it from oxidizing people.. “Allah maaf karay”
15. You crave all kinds of food like pizza, pasta, biryani, tikka, shawarma.. the list just goes on.
16. You think about all the food you will eat in iftar and you keep asking your mom what she is cooking.
17. The last minute before iftar is the longest. It seems like a decade.
18. You have your plate ready with a date, a samosa, pakora and chutney on the side and a bowl of fruit chaat..
19. And when you take your first bite; you’re in food heaven and can’t control your emotions.
20. But then you realize you have stuffed yourself, and you feel sick.
21. All you want to do is doze off after Maghrib prayers. Zero energy.
22. But you try really hard to stay awake for Esha/taraweeh.
23. Some people think Taraweeh is a good exercise.Is that so?
Hope you all have a blessed Ramadan and you make healthy eating choices. 🙂