If you are a Muslim, then you can easily relate to the following things!
1) When It Is Time To Go Through The Real Hunger Games
The Hunger Games become really challenging during summer.
2) When Someone Brings You Chocolates From Abroad But You Wonder If They Are Halal
3) When You Are At Someone Else’s House And It Is Time To Pray
Or when you are traveling and you are not sure where to turn!
4) When Someone Is Praying And You Have To Tiptoe
The judgmental eyes will kill you when you accidentally walk in front of someone who is praying.
5) When You Struggle To Wake Up For Fajr
When you ask someone to wake you up and they betray.
6) When It Is Eid And All Your Relatives Want To Hug You
Dude, do I even know you?
7) The Happiness When You Get A Good Amount Of Eidi
But then those relatives give you Eidi and it is all good.
8) When People Ask Weird Questions About Your Hijab
They are like, 'Do you take shower in your hijab too?'
9) When You Go To Mosque And Somebody Steals Your Slippers
Then you want to steal someone else’s slippers, but you think about the consequences and stop.
10) The Awkward Moment When You Say Salam And No One Says It Back
‘He must have not heard me’. *consolation*
11) When You Struggle To Write Arabic Prayers In English And People Are Like:
I will just say it in my heart.
12) When You Pray And Kids Do This
The dilemma: do you stand up or do you stay still?
13) The Bliss You Feel When They Announce That ‘Eid ka Chand’ Has Been Sighted
Then you realize your Eid shopping is not complete!
14) When You Feel Guilty About Gossiping
I will say sorry next time I see him… *but he is just so annoying.*
15) The Happiness When You Pray All Five Prayers!
16) When Your Kid Causes Mayhem In The Mosque
‘That’s not my kid. I don’t know him.’ *runs away*
17) When You Are Niqabi And People Can’t Recognize You
Of course, it is me. Can’t you tell by the shape of my face?
18) When You Are A Niqabi And Men Compliment Your Eyes
Fitna, fitna. Everywhere.
19) When Non-Desi People Ask About The Presence Of Funny Looking Water-can In Your Bathroom
*Looks around*. Where do I even begin? *screams internally*
20) When It Is Almost Iftar Time And You Are Few Minutes Away From Home
*Fast and Furious mode on*
21) After Every Iftari
Then you realize you were supposed to be dieting and get ready for ‘Eid’.
22) During Ramadan, One of Your Friends Is Like
*Don’t judge.. Don’t judge.. Don’t judge.. Don’t judge..* Judges.
23) When You Are Attending The Wedding And There Are Two Tents
The grass is always greener on the other side.