Border is usually an unremarkable line that divides the two countries. However, some of the borders are unique and even downright formidable. Check out the following international borders from all around the world.
1. Sweden and Norway – the border between the two Nordic nations is created by removing trees for approximately 1000 miles.
2. The Triple Frontier – the border between Argentina, Paraguay, and Brazil where the Iguazú and Paraná rivers converge.
3. The peak of Mount Everest demarcates the two countries, Nepal and China.
4. Iguazu Falls makes the border between Argentina and Brazil.
5. The border between Netherlands and Belgium in the town of Baarle has to be the sweetest international border ever.
6. The border of Ukraine and Poland. During the annual Land Art Festival, the border is decorated with fish-shaped art.
7. The Torkham Gate – the boder that divides Afghanistan and Pakistan.
8. Mount Rysy in the Tatras mountains marks the border between Slovakia and Poland.
9. This single bridge divides and unites Costa Rica and Panama.
10. The world’s longest border is between USA and Canada, stretching approximately 5,500 miles.
11. This picnic table divides the three nations – Slovakia, Austria And Hungary.
12. St. Peter’s Square’s entrance is the border between Italy and Vatican City.
13. The Wagah Border between Pakistan and India. The Wagah ceremony has been taking place since 1959. At night, both countries lower the flags and lock the gate on the only road between the two countries.
The Wagah Border as seen from the space.
14. A fence that stretches across the border of the state Arizona (US) and Mexico. People often use the fence to play volleyball.
15. The zipline-border that connects Spain And Portugal.
16. This is Hadrian’s Wall, the border between Scotland and England.
17. Haiti And The Dominican Republic – The striking difference is because of the Dominican Republic’s strict laws against deforestation.
18. The gorgeous Ban Gioc Waterfall between China and Vietnam.
19. Asia versus Europe in Russia.
20. The Oresund Bridge crosses the border between Denmark and Sweden.
21. Three-Country Cairn; the point where the borders of Finland, Sweden and Norway meet.
22. The Pakistani-Chinese border at Khunjerab Pass.
23. Australia and rest of the world.
Eye-opening, isn’t it? Which border you wouldn’t dare to cross?