Pakistanis love traveling to different cities and bringing gifts from these beautiful places for their loved ones, friends and acquaintances. Nobody returns empty handed!
Different cities of Pakistan offer different varieties of gifts, which is better known as soghat in Urdu. Every city has its own marvel and it’s a must to bring some of this and some of that if you ever visit those places.
Here’s a list of all the major soghats from around the country Pakistanis love gifting each other.
1. If you’re going to Multan – you better remember packing some special Multani Sohan Halwa for your loved ones!
2. Also, when in Multan, don’t forget buying Multan’s special Blue Handmade Pottery items, which not many people know about!
3. You just cannot say you’ve visited Lahore if you haven’t brought some Khalifa Nankhatai back for the people you love!
4. If you’ve traveled to Minawali.. you better not forget Mianwali ke mashoor Khussay, a cultural specialty!
5. Faisalabad being the hub of textile and famous lawn brands.. if you stumble upon the city, don’t forget buying branded lawn at cheap prices!
6. At Wazirabad? Don’t forget buying some exceptionally beautiful cutlery items!
7. When in Sialkot, don’t forget to buy sports goodies for the kids of the family!
8. In the beautiful Swat Valley? Be sure not to forget the extremely juicy peaches (aaru).
9. One of the rarest fishes in the world, the trout fish, is found in Swat Valley.. near Bahrain – do not forget tasting and packing some as a souvenir!
10. When in Peshawar.. don’t forget getting some Charsi Tikka
11. Extremely juicy Chappli Kabab
12. The world famous Peshawari Chappal!
13. When in Shikarpur – don’t miss out on the famous Achaar
14. When in Hala.. buy some traditional Sindhi Ajrak and Topis
15. Khairpur, always famous for the Almond dates!
16. You won’t have to go inside the city of Ratodero for this special Mawa, you’ll find it on the bypass!
17. Larkana always famous for the fresh Guavas (Amrood).
18. Hyderabad’s Bombay Bakery – best get the chocolate, coffee or macaroon cake!
19. Ziarat is not just famous for Quaid’s residency, the red and black cherries are to die for.
Also the Tor-Klu red apples…
20. Quetta might be a small city but produces the best Dry Fruit – a must bring for your loved ones.
21. Balochi embroidery, one of it’s kind from Panjgur and Nasirabad
Hope you don’t forget getting these cultural soghats next time you visit these places!