Desi food comes in all sorts of shapes, sizes and spices. It is garlicky, oily, mouth-watering and full of unique flavors. You do care about losing weight and getting rid of those zits, but how can you say no to a good old plate of chaana chaat?
Here are some of the signs that will prove that you love desi food more than anything.
1. A hot pot of tea is always brewing in the kitchen.
2. Your day can never truly begin if you don’t have garam garam paratha with dahi or butter.
3. You have a special place in your heart for daal chawal.
4. Halwa and mithai do have the power to beat ice cream… and your will to diet.
5. Seeing all these round rotis give you hope and power.
6. This tin box that should only contain sweet happiness in the shape of cookies. No needles, please.
7. Be it Ramadan or a rainy day, pakoras are absolute love.
8. This is how you feel when you eat too many samosas. But buried deep below the layers of shame, there is gleeful satisfaction.
9. You eat chilies like it is a piece of cake.
10. If you had one magical power, you would have liked it to be the ability to summon up tikka boti masala.
11. It is quite true that panjeeri brings horsepower and health.
12. Biryani is the only way they can bribe you.
13. In the evening, a perfect chai ka cup is very necessary.
14. Naan and butter… Yum, yum.
15. You can look at this all day long and never get tired of it… Unless you get hungry.
16. It is okay to wonder sometimes.
17. This is kind of true, but who cares, halwa puri comes first.
18. Then there are these amazing mangoes you can’t resist.
19. When will you be ready, my darling chicken karahi?
20. You sometimes struggle to eat other kinds of food but they are not good enough. Whatever happened to the spices?
21. When you see a plate of biryani, you have just one thought:
What food are you craving for right now?