Smartphone addiction is a serious condition. Do you freak out when you can’t feel your phone in your pocket? Do you get sad when you go to your friend’s house and they have no Wi-Fi connection? Do you get annoyed when you have to turn off your phone during a flight?
Mate, you are a smartphone addict. If you are still not sure, check out the following signs and symptoms and diagnose yourself.
1. Your phone is your best friend
When people inquire about your relationship status, you tell them you are in love with your phone.
2. When you go to bed, you make sure your lovely phone is right next to you
You often wish that your relationship with everyone would be as simple as navigating a phone.
3. You panic when you accidentally drop your phone or somebody sits on it
You know that mini spaz attack?
4. You pretend to text to avoid an awkward social situation
Yes, nobody thinks you are a forever alone.
5. Your phone lets you watch movies, listen to music, read books and everything else
Comfort and phone go hand in hand.
6. You have installed many apps you never use but you can’t uninstall them. Most of them are related to weight loss.
One day you are going to open that weight loss hypnosis app. One day.
7. You are addicted to Candy Crush Saga
And you are known to send annoying Candy Crush requests.
8. You never miss a chance to take a selfie
Sometimes you especially get dressed to take a good selfie.
9. People often complain that you are not a good listener
You really don’t get it when people smack your head to get your attention.
10. You have tanning problems
Nature and smartphones just don’t gel.
11. When something happens, you struggle to update your status, tweet, Instagram and Snapchat at the same time
You are pretty good at multitasking… On smartphones.
12. You get very disappointed when there are no new notifications
You must let your friends know how disappointed you are.
13. But when the phone beeps, the world becomes a better place
“Can’t wait to see all those notifications.” *squeal*
14. You prefer to text people rather than having a face to face communication
Auto-correct is your mortal enemy and your best friend.
15. When you are dying, your first priority is to let your social circle know
Too bad you won’t be able to see how many likes you got.
16. In afterlife, people from ancient times don’t understand your pain
“Something is missing.”
17. Chances are you are reading this on a phone
I get you, random person.