If we had to explain the desi lifestyle using Disney moments, it would be a really easy task. These scenes from Disney movies capture the desi lifestyle perfectly.
1. When Jasmine’s Dad wanted her to agree to an arranged marriage
Hint: The story of every desi household
2. And when Mulan was inspected by a matchmaker
Hint: Those larkay walay and rishta aunties…
3. And she even had to do the chai-pouring thingy to prove her femininity
Hint: The larkay walay visits…
4. When Mulan was expected to bring honor to the family
Hint: Honor means izzat, guys! Honor meant so much that there was a whole song dedicated to it.
5. And when Jasmine dreamed about marrying for love
Hint: The dream of every desi girl.
6. When Jasmine pulls out her dupatta when visiting the market
Hint: What do you do when you go to the market?
7. When Mulan put on so much makeup, her face was literally whiter than her neck…
Hint: Those makeup laden brides and eligible girls in a wedding waiting for a rishta.
8. When snow white rolled the dough as if ready to throw the hottest roti on the tawa
Hint: Every desi girl’s fate and ultimate destination…
9. When Cinderella does all the house chores and does everything to please everyone but still its never enough
Hint: Terrible in-laws and too-nice (read mute) daughter in laws.
10. When the soldiers in Mulan dreamed about marrying a GHARELO wife
Hint: The dream of every desi man
11. When Ariel begged her father to give her permission to go out
Hint: A desi girl’s daily struggle
12. When Simba was being over-protective with Kiara
Hint: DESI DADS!
13. When Ariel’s Dad forbade her to meet that boy because “she was a mermaid, he was a human”
Hint: “You cannot marry a shia!”
14. When Merida’s relationship with her Mom was very complicated
Hint: Just like your relationship with your mom
15. And when Merida finally surrendered and her Mom had her way…
Hint: “Because I said so.” Doesn’t this GIF remind you of your mom oiling and combing your hair?
16. And when Mulan’s grandma was the most amusing character in the movie
Hint: You remember your desi grandma.
Can you relate to these moments from Disney Movies?