Do you want to see something beautiful? Not valleys or mountains, but beauty constructed by human hands that will leave you just standing there looking in ‘awe’? Then have a look at these gorgeous mosques that are right here in Pakistan. These mosques that have been around for hundreds of years and had the likes of Shah Jehan walk through them, design them and approve them.
It’s amazing how simple mortar and brick can make you catch your breath, but they do.
Here are just a few of the sensational mosques that are in Pakistan.
1. Sunehri Mosque – A beauty of the Mughal era from the 18th century.
2. Kot Fateh Mosque was built in 1890 – Amazing craftsmenship
3. Jamia Masjid, Wah Cantt – It was built during the Mughal era in the 17th century.
4. Shahi Eidgah Mosque, Multan – Built in 1735 AD.
5. Moti Masjid, also built by Shah Jahan, inside Lahore Cantt.
6. Mahabbat Khan Mosque is located in the oldest part of Peshawar and was built in the 17th century.
7. Qassaban Mosque, located in Karachi’s Saddar, was built in the 18th century.
8. Wazir Khan Mosque in Lahore built during the Mughal era of Shah Jehan.
9. Badshahi Mosque in Lahore – majestic in all its glory.
10. Jamia Masjid – elegance in simplicity.
11. Khanqah Sirajia Masjid located in Mianwali – Very tranquil.
12. Faisal Mosque in Islamabad – Simply sensational.
13. Shah Jahan Mosque – Thatta
14. Aram Bagh Masjid in Karachi – Breathtakingly beautiful.
15. Bhong Mosque, Rahim Yar Khan – A home for all.
16. Jhelum Cantonment Mosque – Majestic.
Beautiful and majestic, aren’t they? Buildings that are markers of history and source of strength for so many people. Which one is your favorite?