Every Pakistani khandaan is HUGE. While you have your superb khalas, mamus, phuphos and chachas, you have the weirdos and chipkus as well. Be it a wedding, a birthday or a get together of any sort, you come across these people every now and then. Even if you wish to, you just can’t avoid them every time.
Here are some of the people every Pakistani khandaan has. Check them out and let us know if you agree!
1. That very nosy aunt who is your mum’s third cousin. She wants to know about your marks, pay and current relationship status.
2. The intimidating great granduncle you are slightly scared of.
3. The kid who just exists to annoy you. Watch out, he will surely break your cell phone!
4. That evil phupho your mother warned you about.
5. The older cousin who is always pulling pranks.
6. The grumpy uncle who is always complaining about something or other.
7. The matchmaker aunty. It’s her duty to set you up with someone. She is always looking for your rishta.
8. The bragging relatives who compare you with their own kids. Every single time.
9. The gossip machine who is always up to date. She is keeping tabs on you as well.
10. That person who is always ranting about adab o ahtaraam.
11. The competitors who think they are better than you.
12. That gullible relative who is always too sweet to you for some reason.
13. The super-cool uncle you only see occasionally. Your parents don’t like him much, but you do!
14. The relative who wants to add you on Facebook. Stalker alert!
15. That lovely person you just met! You wish you knew their name!
Do you have any of these in your family? Let us know in the comments!