Pakistan is a colourful land full of vim and vigour. The people are creative and hospitable, their smilies are wider and their hearts are bigger.
Like all other cultures in the world, Pakistanis have their own set of traditions and customs. They have a certain ‘way of doing things’ and they do it in a unique way that sets them apart!
Here are a few things that Pakistanis do best!
1. Pakistani weddings are made up of mehndi, fairy-lights, music, yummy food, shopping, annoying aunties and dramas. Lasting for over a month, no one does weddings better than us!
2. The world can learn a lot about celebrations from us. From henna nights, crying over tailors to chand raat and bakra mandi, celebrating Eid is an art for us.
3. From Chinese to Italian food, Pakistanis make every kind of dish desi and spicy. And let’s not forget our love for karak chai.
4. We have a unique police force. You know you are in Pakistan when you speed up the car and avoid eye contact with the traffic police.
5. Independence Day is like another Eid for us. Whole Pakistan is colored green and white.
6. Our love for cricket is unparalleled. The streets go completely quiet whenever Pakistan is playing against India.
7. We have awesome load-shedding adventures in which we bitch about the system and play silly games to pass the time.
8. When something doesn’t work, you turn to ‘jugaar’. It saves you every single time.
9. You get to do involuntary exercise while you are stuck in long queues and busy streets.
10. Nobody discusses politics like we Pakistanis do.
11. We have a clever way to ask personal questions and we are not ashamed of it.
12. The khandaan reunion is the most-feared event of all. Drama, drama and drama.
13. We are big fans of recycling.
14. We are wonderful at making excuses for everything! From skipping school to being late to weddings, we have the perfect set of explanations!
15. Pakistanis are the masters of bargaining!
Did this post make you fall in love with Pakistan all over again?