Folk songs of Pakistan include the traditional forms of Balochi, Pashto, Punjabi, Sindhi and other regional languages. Music that is made straight from the heart.
From the mountains of Chaghi, Balochistan to the hill-stations of Khyber Pukhtunkhwa – from the deep midlands of Sindh to the colorful lands of Punjab – Pakistan’s cultural music covers some legendary singers and their fruitful lyrics that have stuck around for years and are still cherished by the locals.
Shughal has a compiled a video list of the best traditional, cultural folk music of Pakistan as a little 14th August treat for you!
15. Allah Allah Ker Bhaiyya (Humma Humma) – Allan Fakeer & Mohd Ali Sheikhi (Sindhi/Urdu)
14. Kharri Neem Ke Neeche – Mai Bhagi (Tharri)
13. Ya Qurban Musafar Khpal – Zarsanga (Pashto)
12. Laila O Laila – Faiz Muhammad Baloch (Balochi)
11. Saada Chiriyan Da Chamba – Tufail Niazi (Punjabi)
10. Jugni Jee – Arif Lohar (Punjabi)
9. Yeh Jo Halka Halka Suroor Hai – Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan (Urdu)
8. Dhoshi Ma Hayalen – Mureed Buledi (Balochi)
7. Dane Pe Daana – Shazia Khushk (Sindhi)
6. Inshaah Ji Utho – Ustad Amanat Ali Khan (Urdu)
5. Dasht-e-Tanhai – Iqbal Bano (Urdu)
4. Mainda Ishq Vi Toon – Pathanay Khan (Seraiki)
3. Aashiq Majboor Aa – Ghulam Hussain Umrani (Sindhi)
2. Ae Puttar Hataan De – Noor Jehan (Punjabi)
1. Tere Ishq Nachaya – Baba Bulleh Shah (Punjabi)
Hope you enjoyed Shughal’s compilation (playlist) of these exceptionally beautiful cultural/folk songs of Pakistan! 🙂