If you have never visited Lahore, you don’t know what you are missing. They say “a person who has never seen Lahore is not even born.” The first time you visit Lahore, it’s like a baby seeing the outside world the first time when it comes out of the womb. So if you have never been to Lahore, you are still living in your mother’s womb with no idea what this place has to offer.
Lahore is brimming with beauty, history and culture and it will make you fall in love with it at first sight.
1. Is winter getting harsh in Boston?
Nope, this is Gulberg during a hailstorm.
2. This has to be a view of some market in Dubai, right?
Wrong! It’s Liberty Market in Lahore. Beautiful, isn’t it?
3. This gigantic Mosque must be located somewhere in the Middle East, right?
Oh no, that’s our very own Badshahi mosque, not only large but also a historical remnant of the Mughal Empire.
4. This fountain??? Wallpaper material??? Are you dreaming???
No, man! This is our very own Liberty Chowk.
What about this one?
That’s the fountain in Jillani Park.
5. Look at the exotic greenery… Is this some location in the Far East?
No, it’s the view from Arfa Kareem Technology Park.
6. We heard Pakistan’s cities were poorly planned…
And this certainly looks unplanned, right?
7. Oh man, please tell me where is this place located in the world? Is it Italy because it looks so serene??
Pfft! Not Italy but Lahore! Azadi Chowk…
8. Is it some festival going on in Singapore or Malaysia?
But this one looks like a festival in Rio de Janeiro…
And this doesn’t even look real, it must be a painting…
Nope, fortunately these are all pictures from the Jashn-e-baharaan festival in Lahore.
9. This has to be a picture of heaven…
Yes, Shalimar Gardens in Lahore are surely a piece of heaven.
10. And this?? Is this some artist’s imagination??
Nope, not really. This is Lahore Fort!
11. And this lush garden? Is this one of the gardens of heavens?
Maybe the Jillani Park is one of the gardens of heaven.
12. Another mosque in some Arab country???
Nope, that’s Data Darbar!
13. Don’t tell me this is not Paris…
Boooooo!!!! That’s Minar-e-Pakistan.
14. OK, but this is Paris, isn’t it?
Nope!! That’s Bahria Town.
Did you fall in love with Lahore? If you have never visited it yet, don’t you feel you are missing something?