The revolutionary Lollywood cinema industry has gone through many changes over its inception in 1948 with the movie Teri Yaad. We’ve come a long way over the years when the 60s, 70s were the peak years of our cinemas – followed by its downfall after Zia’s regime.
However, the industry since has picked up pace again in the 2000s with some top notch movies. The question is, what happened in the 20 years when Punjabi cinema dominated Lollywood? Some incredibly hilarious and pathetic movie posters were made.
Shughal has compiled a list of the worst, yet hilarious posters of Lollywood.
1. Instead of looking like a killer, Maula Jutt looks like a painter with his brush.
2. What is with these actors holding Kulharis like violins?
3. Apparently that’s ‘Graduate Haseena’ – which college did she go to?
4. So basically he chopped his own head off – did it nicely though.. clean hit
5. Looks like they actually didn’t make guns at that time.. the bloody knives are nauseating
6. Wow, somebody broke Nadeem’s heart really badly.. he looks miserable!
7. I can’t seem to decide if it’s Assuu Billa or Aasoo Billa..
8. Peyo Badmashan Da – translates to daddy of goons.. (daddy spilled too much red paint on his kurta)
9. Guy in the middle pinned his look like: “Girl what that booty do?”
10. Chikni Beauty Te Badbakht Beast – it actually looks like she’s in for some spanking..
11. Again, the positioning of actors is just so wrong.. that knife shouldn’t be so close to the… you know?
12. This is the creepiest poster I’ve ever seen.. actually scary..
13. That Naagin looks like she just came out of her yoga class to pose for this..
14. Oh this is beautiful! She’s gonna blow up any moment.. Hiroshima Nagasaki of Lollywood
Did you enjoy these hilarious Lollywood epics? How bad was the taste back then?