Pakistan, sitting firm in South Asia is the central junction between Asia and the Middle East; this brings great significance geographically. Bordering four countries as neighbors, the other three sides of the country is gripped by the Arabian Sea in the South.
These borders have routes and entrances known as passes, mostly falling between the great Pakistani mountains. Khunjerab pass is the only famous pass people know of, that falls in the Karakoram mountains linking Pakistan to China – however, there are a number of exceptionally beautiful passes other than Khunjerab.
Here’s a list compiled for you about the most mesmerizing borders and passes of Pakistan.
1. The 532 km long Pak-China border, situated in the Northern mountains of Pakistan
2. The Indo-Pak border lies on the Grand Turk Road between Amritsar and Lahore, 2912 km long
3. The Durand Line – Pak-Afghan border spread over an area of 2430 km
4. The 909 km long Pak-Iran border also know as Pak-Iran Barrier is made of a concrete wall.
5. The mighty and the grand Arabian Sea full of habitat covers a coastline of 1046 km
6. Wesh-Chaman border, the Afghan-Pak crossing connects Chaman, Balochistan to Wesh, Afghanistan
7. Khunjerab Pass – connecting Gilgit-Baltistan to Nagar, China in the Karakoram Range
8. The Bolan Pass falls in the Toba Kakar Range of Balochistan, 120km away from the Afghanistan border – connects Quetta to Sibi
9. The high mountainous Lowari Pass connects Dir to Chitral – also known as the Lowari Top, it is relatively low
10. The Hispar Pass is a non-technical high altitude pass in the Karakoram Range the meets two glaciers, Biafo and Hispar
11. The ancient Burzil Pass acts as a caravan route between Srinagar and Kashmir
12. Resting in the Mustagh Baltoro Range of the Karakoram, the Mustagh Pass marks the present border between China and Pakistan
13. The Gyong La Pass falls in the mountains of Siachen serving as a linkup between Pakistan and India
14. The raw Khojak Pass connects Qila Abdullah with Chaman, leading into the major cities of Afghanistan
As tempting as these places look, wouldn’t you want to visit these borders and passes at least once in your life?