Let’s talk about Skardu. Northern areas of Pakistan have always been praised and appreciated for the beauty of the mountains and valleys that are considered ‘heaven on earth’. But there is far more to the northern area of Pakistan then that.
At 14000 feet above sea level, you will find the cold desert of Skardu, the highest cold desert in the world. Beautiful white sands that meet the snowy mountains and touch the blue sky above. An area so diverse, you will find color where none should be and cool fresh rivers flowing from the mountain ranges that surround it. So diverse that it’s utterly mind boggling, mesmerizing and stunning all at once.
Here’s a look at the majestic cold desert of Skardu.
1. Where sand and snow-capped mountains meet the white sands – Skardu
2. Tree plantations – giving life to a barren beauty
3. Where there is a will, there is always a way
4. The road through Skardu at sunset magnificent
5. Cricket can be played anywhere even in the desert above the clouds
6. Not as barren as many believe deserts to be, where the sands touch the sky beauty rains
7. Known locally as Katpana desert, life grows from the base of the mountains – such profound beauty
8. The mystic beauty of white sands
9. Beautiful sand dunes
10. The clouds touching the sands of Skardu
11. Snow and desert all in one place – stunning
12. Who says a desert can’t have color???
13. Where everything comes together – Probably the most bio-diverse desert…stunning for sure
The beauty of nature can all be found in one place, you just have to look. 🙂