When was the last time your mom told you that you should learn to cook because that is what a girl does? After all the ridiculous expectations this society has from girls, here are some things they don’t even feel bad when telling them.
1. When some auntie jie says, “itna parh ke kia karna hai, jana tu kitchen mai hi hai”
2. When some rishta aunty says, “do you know how to cook?”
3. When Mom says, “Tumhari umar mai meray do bachay thay.”
4. When another auntie jie says in a wedding, “ab tum bhi shaadi karlo jaldi se”
5. When grandmother says, “you should learn how to cook, you are old enough now”
6. When your mom says, “girls are not supposed to do that”
7. And when she says “have you washed your face with soap? You are looking dark”
8. And when some cousin comments on your makeup “Your makeup is looking too dark, red lipstick doesn’t suit dark skin”
9. And when your Mom or Dad says, “larkiyan tu parayi hoti hain”
10. When your Mom says, “don’t go out alone, take your brother along”
11. When someone says “TUM drive karogi?”
12. When someone in a wedding says, “You are looking so pretty, Aj tu rishta pakka”
13. And when Mom says after your marriage, “aurat ka kaam hai ghar banana. All women have to compromise”
How often do you hear these and what other things do you hate to hear? Comment and let us know.