When there are cars on roads, accidents are bound to happen – however, with steep and stable precautions, these can be avoided to a massive extent.
The roads of Karachi have recently been home to some of the most horrific accidents caused by over-speeding, driving under the influence or just plain stupidity.. taking several lives in the process, injuring many.
Here’s to hoping these pictures (and safety tips) will show you the darker side of driving fast and make you realize the fact that “speed thrills, but kills” – drive slow, drive safe!
1. Drive slowly whilst going through underpasses
2. While on a single crossing, make sure you don’t cross the speed limit
3. If you lose control whilst speeding, do not pull the handbrake as it will spin your car out
4. University points should take special measures for students and pedestrians
5. Make sure you’re wearing your safety belt at all times
6. Driving under any sort of influence can cause massive damage to property
7. Pay attention to road signals and markings
8. Always reduce your speed while driving through a construction zone
9. Never drive while tired, especially at night
10. Keep a 2-second distance from all heavy traffic, especially dumpers and trucks
11. Do not text whilst driving – cause of more than 40% fatalities
12. Whilst driving SUVs, make sure you paddle the accelerator only as much as you can control it
13. Lastly.. just don’t be too freaky..
We hope these pictures and the safety tips served as a public service message for everyone who enjoys thrills that come from rash or fast driving.
Remember: it is not worth it if you won’t survive. Keep smiling and drive safe 🙂