Pakistan is a multicultural land filled with splendour, colors, traditions and opportunities. However, Pakistani society displays herd mentality that holds them back and obsession with certain things that they can’t live without.
1. Early marriage – As soon as you turn 18, rishta aunties begin to hunt you down.
2. English language – You are as good as your accent and vocabulary.
3. Strong opinions about political parties – Everyone has to put their two cents in and follow the trend.
4. Sales – 50% off at Gul Ahmed and Khaadi? Let’s go and buy everything as if it is free! Yay.
5. Going abroad – Every country has its own little Pakistan.
6. Cousins’ achievements – Because you will never be good enough.
7. Being either a doctor or an engineer – Anything else makes you a loser.
8. Superstitions and black magic – Kia aap ke sar main dard hai? It’s kaala jadu!
9. Strong karak chai – Okay, chai is awesome.
10. Call packages with free minutes – Because nobody has anything to do except talk to you for hours.
11. Cricket – Only when Pakistan is playing against India.
12. Whining about load-shedding and corruption – It’s the system.
Well, change is a necessary evil.