Shah Faisal Mosque is not just the 2nd largest mosque in Pakistan, it is considered to be an iconic symbol of Islamabad throughout the world. It stands apart not because of its capacity but mainly because of its drop-dead beauty and its unique shape of a desert Bedouin’s tent. Located on an elevated land at the foot of Margalla Hills and offering a picturesque backdrop, this place is a must visit once in a life. But if you can’t visit just yet, do have a look at these pictures which will leave you in awe of this wondrous beauty of Islam.
1. This lovely picture that will make you want to stand with them in prayer
Laziness just goes out of the window when you have such a beautiful mosque to pray in.
2. This gorgeous display of nature’s hues against the mosque
The sunset has a beautiful impact on the mosque, which will leave anyone in awe over this beauty.
3. This single minaret that is as beautiful as the entire mosque
This rare but stunning picture of the minaret will leave you amazed.
4. And this picture of its awe-inspiring interiors
This lovely chandelier is a prominent aspect of its beautiful interiors.
5. And also this gigantic Holy Qur’an…
The huge Holy Qur’an is a lovely sight to behold.
6. This beautiful sunset that casts a lovely reflection
This perfect shot captures the reflection so well, you just can’t resist saying WOW.
7. And this mesmerizing shot that leaves you in awe over its unique shape
Is it a desert Bedouin’s tent or a mosque? Certainly, the work of a very talented architect!
8. This dazzling beauty at display
This is the kind of beauty you witness before Eid Celebrations. Jow-droppingly gorgeous!
9. And this magnificent aerial shot…
Yes, you can instantly spot the splendid Faisal Mosque.
10. This perfect snap of the sheer splendor of its interiors
Praying in this lovely mosque is a whole different experience – one you will never forget.
11. This close view of its magnificent architecture
The gorgeous architecture will truly leave you in deep admiration.
12. This drop-dead beauty at night that can leave anyone mesmerized
When enhanced with a lovely display of lighting at night, its stunning beauty definitely captivates everyone. You simply can’t get enough of it.
Does this post make you want to visit this Mosque and offer a prayer now?