When was the last time your parents said something and you wanted to hide under the layers of the Earth?
Here are some unfortunate situations that must have happened with everyone.
1. When your mom calls you nicknames like “guriya” and “raja” in front of your friends
2. When she narrates your most embarrassing childhood moments to your friends
3. When she uploads your childhood photos on Facebook including the ones where you are wearing the most ridiculous looking clothes or where you are half naked
4. When your parents ask you to hold their hands when crossing the road even when you are 25
5. When some relative calls and your Mom hands over the phone to you. “Beta, khala se baat karlo.”
6. When your Dad walks in a high end store with you and asks for a discount
7. When they try to speak in English in front of your friends and it comes out as…
8. When your relatives come at your house and you were just going to meet them before Mom says…
9. When you are eating Ice cream at a family gathering and your Mom nudges you and reminds you about your weight “bus karo, kitna khaoge?”
10. When they praise you to the skies in front of others and you know it just isn’t true 🙁
11. When your Mom yells at you in public
12. And finally, when she complains about you to your friends…OMG!
But no matter what, we love them to bits.
How many of these embarrassing moments have you faced? Can you relate to these? Of course, our desi parents are one of a kind!