For those of you who don’t know how to bargain and play clever, shopping isn’t an easy task. It’s a war that you always lose. You know you are doomed and so does your shopkeeper.
Here are some of the most common things every shopkeeper says that annoy you to the core.
1. When you walk by the shop, they insist you come inside to check out their ‘naya maal’
Their insistent voice and colorful prints do the trick and you find yourself stuck inside the shop.
2. When you go inside, albeit a bit reluctantly, they start to show off their ‘latest designer collection’
You are scared you will end up buying that beautiful replica print.
3. They keep telling you that everything is imported
And we all know what that means.
4. They make you believe that every print in the shop will look beautiful on you
You fall for this trap every single time!
5. They try to prove that to you by wrapping the cloth around themselves
Admit it, sometimes they look even better than you do.
6. They make you believe that dupatta color does match the shirt piece
Is that dupatta blue and black or white and gold?
7. They tell you that their prints are unique and you won’t find them anywhere else
You find the truth the hard way.
8. They make you believe that the color won’t fade off
Chalo, saafai wala kapra waise bhi purana hogaya tha. This dress will do.
9. They show attitude when you want to bargain
The shopkeepers know how to emotionally blackmail you.
10. When you begin to leave, they say ‘sir jee, naa aap ka, na mera’
You always give in, don’t you?
11. When you are finally going, they see you off like you are their dear ones
They also remind you about their ‘no return and no exchange’ policy.
12. When you come home you find out that the dupatta doesn’t match the clothes
Just wash your new clothes once. The color will fade and your dupatta will finally match.
No matter how annoying you think they are, you can’t help but go back. Perhaps one day you will master the art of bargaining.