The citizens of Karachi have been subjected to intolerable heat for the past few days. The horrible heatwave, constipated clouds and dehydration are doing their best to bring you down. Let’s not give up though. We know we can make it!
Karachi and rain have a history that goes way back. Here are a few things that happen when it’s supposed to rain in Karachi.
1. You hear that it’s raining in Lahore and Islamabad, and you keep checking the skies to see how the Karachiite clouds are doing.
2. TV says that it’s raining all over the country now, but Karachi is still dry as a bone.
3. Rumor is a toofan is coming and you get super-excited and prepare to welcome it.
4. But it looks like the toofan is not so fond of Karachi either.
5. Your lucky relatives from rainy cities keep asking you if it’s raining. You are starting to get very annoyed.
6. Finally after weeks of torture, one cloud decides to burst in one specific area of Karachi.
7. People immediately update their Facebook statuses, tweet and even Snapchat the rain.
8. Rest of the Karachiites are irritated because it’s not raining in their area at all.
9. Finally it rains all over Karachi! Yay. Now everyone can update their status to make sure everyone knows that it did rain after all.
10. As soon as it rains, load-shedding takes over your lives.
11. After 10 minutes, the rain stops. It’s hot and humid. You are now waiting for it to rain cats and dogs and your electricity to come back.
Artificial rain, maybe?