Pakistanis and superstitions go hand in hand. If you have grown up in a Pakistani household, then jinn must have been a big part of your lives. Your mother prevented you from doing certain things because they were PROVEN to attract jinn! At times, these superstitions interfered with your daily chores.
1. If you wake up at 3 in the morning, it means a devil was staring at you!
2. Don’t shower after sunset, because that’s how you get possessed by jinn.
3. Don’t wear perfume after maghrib or you will attract a whole family of jinn.
4. Girls, tie your hair after dark! Jinn love your luscious locks and will be after you if you let your hair down.
5. Don’t walk under the trees when it is dark, because jinn live there and prey on young people.
6. If you get scared while traveling, don’t dare look back, or else a malevolent witch will steal your soul.
7. Don’t cut your nails at night. It’s bad luck plus it lures jinn!
8. Don’t hang those lovely-looking wind chimes! They attract well-meaning but restless ghosts.
9. Don’t look at the mirror after midnight, because a jinn will stare back at you. (Do try it!)
10. Do you think you have sleep paralysis? No, it’s just jinn and demons having a party around you.
11. Lizards are jinn! Just tell them to leave you alone and they will.
For all we know, this could be true!