The wedding season is here yet again. Full of bright colors, shiny clothes, yummy food and frequent tantrums, the Pakistani wedding season is a lot of fun. On one hand, you enjoy the festivities and a chance to fulfill your food cravings, but on the other hand, there are many sleepless nights and heavy shopping bags to carry.
Here are the most common thoughts you have when you attend a Pakistani wedding.
1. On your way to the wedding, you ask yourself, ‘Why am I even going anyway? I am pretty sure no will notice my presence or absence.’
2. You are never satisfied with your clothes – ‘Am I overdressed? Am I under-dressed? Should I have worn these shoes? Am I too flashy?’
3. Food is usually the only reason you attend wedding – ‘Where is food? When will we start eating? I am sure I can smell the biryani in the air! ‘
4. The malicious aunties that seem to be stalking you – ‘Why are they staring at me like this? I must hide.’
5. Then there is the awful moment when you have to take a picture with the couple on the stage – ‘Okay, let’s awkwardly smile and pose according to the cameraman’s rules.’
6. You miss your home very much – ‘I wish I was in my home happily surfing the net and wearing my comfy clothes.’
7. The food is here! Celebrations. – ‘I must find a way to get salad and riata for my biryani. OMG. There is no aaloo in my plate. I want aaloo.’
8. You want to leave right after having dinner – ‘Will it look rude? Will anyone notice? Maybe I can eat some more?’
9. You take a look around to see if there is a person worth staying for. – ‘Why are there so many old people here? And who do these annoying children belong to?’
10. A distant cousin spots you and wants to take a selfie – ‘I wonder if this picture will go up on Facebook? Please don’t tag me.’
11. Oh finally, it’s rukhsati time. – ‘You cry now, dear bride and oversensitive moms. But it’s time for me to leave!’.
Can you relate to this at all?