Pakistan is far from perfect, but it is way better than the world perceive it to be. The western world particularly has a very different perception. Here are some of the very common misconceptions people have about Pakistan.
1. Pakistan is a Middle Eastern Country.
No, Pakistan is NOT an Arab country. It is actually located in South Asia!
2. Pakistanis speak Arabic fluently and can’t speak English.
Urdu and English are the official languages of Pakistan.
3. In Pakistan, camels are a really popular, right?
Camels are hardly ever used for transport here.
4. Are Pakistanis really ‘Allowed’ to eat McDonald’s?
We do love ‘halal’ McDonald’s.
5. Wait, Pakistanis watch movies, for real? Do they really have cinemas?
Yes, we do.
6. Why aren’t you all dressed like Darth Vader, women?
While our culture is a bit oppressive, people do make their own choices mostly.
7. Pakistanis are same as Indians.
We are two separate nations.
8. Pakistanis are oppressed and don’t know how to have fun.
We know how to have a good time.
9. Pakistan is the land of taxi drivers.
Every other person has a doctorate or two.
10. Urdu and Hindi are the same language.
No, they are two ‘very’ different languages.
11. Pakistan is a barren land filled with dust and sand.
Pakistan is BEAUTIFUL.
Some of these misconceptions the world has about Pakistan have to be debunked.