A ride in a rickshaw is not just a ride; it’s an adventure. An adventure that you won’t find anywhere else in the world and one you will absolutely miss when you move abroad. It’s one of those small things we love about Pakistan; the ability to find a ride at every street corner for a relatively lower price than Taxis and cabs.
However, here are some annoying things that happen when you travel in a rickshaw.
1. It takes quite a lot of skills to hop in and out of a rickshaw without falling apart in pieces.
2. You also need to be flawless at handling yourself if you don’t want to look like a churail after the ride.
3. There are so many khaddas and bumps on the roads, it’s always one bumpy ride “in the dirtiest way possible”.
4. And if you happen to be pregnant while travelling in the rickshaw, you should be thankful if your ride ends before you go into labor.
5. The most annoying thing is when you keep shouting LEFT, LEFT!!! but the rickshaw wala turns a deaf ear to you
6. While the rickshaw goes over all those bumps, you think about those stories told by your relatives countless times about the auto losing its balance and tipping over…
7. And those stories in which the rickshaw driver turns out to be a kidnapper, dacoit or worse a rapist.
8. Though you obviously tried to judge the character of the driver when you were haggling with him about the money but still many things can go wrong, you know.
9. No matter what horrors you face while travelling in a rickshaw, nothing can come close to the battle you had in the beginning about the fare.
10. And that rising rage you feel when the rickshaw wala says “I don’t have change” after the ride
11. The worst thing of all is when some relative spots you travelling in a rickshaw and they give you those mocking stares, which you absolutely hate.
What other things can go wrong when travelling in a rickshaw? Share your best and worst experiences and we might just make another post of it.