Every Muslim wishes to visit Makkah at least once in his lifetime. The holiest city in Islam is the most beloved place in the sight of Allah. Makkah is not only home to Khana Kaa’ba (the House of Allah); it is also the birthplace of our dear Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) and the site where Qur’an was first revealed.
Here are a few aerial views of Makkah that will fill you wonder.
1. An aerial shot of Makkah that shows Muslims circling the Kaa’ba.
2. Over 3 million Muslims from all around the world go to Makkah for Hajj every year.
3. In Qur’an, the holy city has been called by five names which are: Makkah, Bakkah, Al-Balad, Al-Qaryah and Ummul-Qura.
4. Abraj Al Bait (Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel), the world’s third tallest building, is located in Makkah.
5. It is believed that Kaa’ba was the first place to be created on Earth.
6. Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said, “A prayer in this mosque of mine is better than one thousand prayers anywhere else, except for al-Masjid al-Haram. A prayer in al-Masjid al-Haram is better than one hundred thousand prayers (anywhere else).”
7. Masjid al-Haram is the largest mosque in the world.
8. Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said, “There is no city in which Dajjal will be unable to enter besides Makkah and Madinah. Every street will be lined with angels standing in rows to protect them.”
9. It has been scientifically proven that Makkah is the true center of the Earth.
10. Did you know that there is a Kaa’ba in heaven directly above the Kaa’ba on Earth?
11. Regarding Isra and Miraj, Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) narrated, “Then I was shown Al-Bait-al-Ma’mur (i.e. Allah’s House). I asked Gabriel about it and he said, This is Al Bait-ul-Ma’mur where 70,000 angels perform prayers daily and when they leave they never return to it (but always a fresh batch comes into it daily).”
Let’s pray to Allah that we all get a chance to visit the blessed city of Makkah.