Are you a Sidrah, Ayesha, Sara, Mariam, Ali, Umer, Hassan or Arsalan? Then you would know the struggles of having a common name. Here are the 10 things that people with common names can always relate to!
1) People give you offensive nicknames
They know you as the tall one or short one. God forbid if you happen to be a little chubby. No one wants to be known as ‘motti or motta’.
2) When you are on the road and you see a French fries wala, Burger wala or a paan shop named after you
Do you happen to be a Zeeshan?
Taaza Ali Paan, anyone? Beautiful Rose Sara Beauty Parlor, anyone? Tasty Umer Burgers, anyone?
Everyone think it’s hilarious.
3) When the love of your life lists you as ‘other Ali’ in contacts and it hurts so bad
“Why on earth can’t I be the Ali.” Good question, mate.
4) When you want to make a professional email ID, but you simply can’t.
You are always sidddd_007, ayeshaftw_dateofbirth, usman_1000_engineer.
5) In school, when you are reading a story and a character has the same name as yours
Your classmates are like, “Hawwwwww. Look what Hassan did.”
Same goes for movies and TV shows.
6) God forbid if your full name is Amir Khan, Salman Khan or Shahrukh Khan
Now it’s even worse if you are Imran Khan or Fawad Khan.
7) There is always one relative who has the same name as yours
It’s a nice opportunity for parents to compare you with each other.
8) When people with unique names like Zhalay and Faaris arrive and you feel slightly inferior
“I will never be unique.” *sobs*
9) In class, when teacher calls out your name and more than three people raise their hands
It is time we resort to last names.
10) At least you know your name will never be out of fashion
In every era you will find a Sidrah, Ayesha, Sara, Mariam, Ali, Umer, Hassan and Arsalan. People will never think the name is weird and tasteless.