A land of sand and heat, that’s what most would describe when asked about the United Arab Emirates, but is so much more. With a reach history that it shares with the world through the forts and historical sites that they have preserved.
Have a look at some of the amazing historical places in the UAE.
1. Al – Bidyah Mosque – The oldest mosque in the UAE, located in Fujairah
2. Al-Fahidi Fort – Now Dubai Museum, the Fort was built in 1787
3. Bastakia Quarter – Last remains of Old Dubai, this was established at the end of the 19th century
4. Heritage Village – reconstructed to depict life before oil in the UAE
4. Heritage House – wealthy pearl merchant’s residence – made out of gypsum and coral built in 1890
5. Dibba village – known for its relics and tombs that date back to the 7th century
6. Al – Bithnah Fort – was built in 1735 and was considered the most important fort in the eastern part of the UAE
7. Fujairah Fort – built in 1670 it is considered the oldest fort in the UAE
8. Al-Jahili Fort – built in 1891 to protect precious palm groves and the city of Al-nin
9. Al Maqtaa Fort – 200 years old it was used as a watchtower against invaders
10. Qasr al-Hosn Fort – built in 1761 – it was initially used as a watchtower to protect the only fresh water source in Abu Dhabi
11. Ras Al Khaimah – believed to have been built during the Ubaid Period, 5,000 -3,800 BC
12. Jazirat al Hamra – Ghost town located near Ras Al Khaimah believed to be haunted – it was from the 14th century to the 1930s when the pearl industry died out
With so much history already and more that is uncovered as it grows, don’t you think its time to take a trip to the UAE?