We know guests are a blessing, not denying it. Being a decent host is in the genes of a Pakistani – we need to treat our guests with affection and a dash of admiration. They would expect that as well. Yet, ever pondered what runs over a young lady’s mind when she hears the word ‘guests’?
Well, let’s find out in the list we’ve put together:
1. If you have sudden guests coming over and you don’t have enough food at home! You literally start to panic!
2. Oh no! Itnay cup chai banani paregi? Mera koi mood nahi hai.. Rooh Afza banadoon ammi?
3. I’ll just go to my room and study. I’ll tell ammi I have this really important test tomorrow..
4. Didn’t they just come last week? Why is it always our house they have to visit?
5. I just hope ammi hasn’t called some rishtay walay. Mujhe nahi karni shaadi abhi!
6. Logon ko duniya mein koi aur kaam nahi hai? Itna kuch hai karne ko zindagi mein!
7. Hell to the no. I will not do the dishes this time. I’ll ask baji to do the dishes, and I’ll just set the table.
8. Great! Now I have to sit with that weird aunty and talk about stuff that doesn’t make sense? Or talk about other people who I don’t even know?
9. I can hardly wait for them to leave, hope they leave some food for us..
10. Their annoying kids are coming too?? Ya Allahhh!!!
Ever had such thoughts? How do you react to unexpected guests that arrive especially at weird hours?