In its modern period, Makkah has seen tremendous expansion in size and infrastructure – Makkah, a city in the Hejaz in Saudi Arabia, is the capital of that kingdom’s region. The city is located 70 km inland from Jeddah in a narrow valley at a height of 277m (909 ft) above sea level.
Although more than 6 million visitors travel to Makkah every year during the Hajj (pilgrimage) period held in the twelfth Muslim lunar month of Dhu al-Hijjah, the resident population is approximately 2 million.
Shughal will take you on a virtual pilgrimage to the holiest city in the world, the hub of muslim-ummah, Makkah!
1. The one of a kind, Masjid Al-Haram, Makkah
2. The skyscraping Minaar-e-Abraj Al-Bait, Makkah
3. The House Of Allah, Khana-e-Kaaba (Baitullah Sharif), Makkah
4. The world-defining, Black Stone (Hajr Al-Aswad), Makkah
5. The terranteous Jabal Al-Nour, Makkah
6. Trek for a negativity free soul at Mount Arafat, Makkah
7. The simple yet sanctual Masjid-e-Taneem, Makkah
8. Modern day Makkah’s convenient Jamaraat Bridge
9. At 5000 feet, Ghaar-e-Thoor (Jabal Thawr), Makkah
10. The place where Islam began, Ghaar-e-Hira (The Cave of Hira), Makkah
Today, more than 15 million Muslims visit Makkah annually, including several million during the few days of the Hajj. As a result, the city has become one of the most cosmopolitan and diverse cities in the Muslim world.
May Allah Almighty grant every Muslim to visit the holy city of Makkah at least once in their life!