From hearing explosions to feeling colors, our mind can get pretty messed up. Next time you complain about a headache, be thankful you don’t have one of the following freakishly bizarre disorders.
1 Boanthropy is a creepy mental disorder in which a person believes himself to be a cow or an ox. The sufferer walks on all fours and eats grass.
2. Alien Hand Syndrome has a cool name but it is quite disturbing. The arm is no longer in control of the person and acts of its own accord. It has its own mind!
3. What if you go home one day and find out that your mother is actually not your mother? That’s what happen if you have Capgras delusion. People believe that their loved ones have been replaced by identical looking impostors.
4. Exploding Head Syndrome is more common than you think. Sufferers hear loud explosions, gunshots and screams as they are trying to sleep.
5. This one is really gross. Autophagia makes you want to eat yourself on an impulse. Talk about self-destruction!
6. Do you feel like a zombie lately? You might have Walking Corpse Syndrome! In this condition, the person thinks he/she is dead and is rotting away.
7. Have you ever imagined what the world would look like if you see it through a telescope? People with Alice In Wonderland Syndrome can. Sadly, they imagine it through the wrong end of the telescope. A car is as small as a cat and a mouse is as big as a house.
8. Don’t we all hate snobs? Well, they might be the victim of Erotomania in which the sufferers think a famous celebrity or royalty is in love with them!
9. Synesthesia is actually rather epic. In this condition, the person can ‘hear, taste and feel’ colors and music. Lady Gaga has it!
10. Making a choice is hard! Imagine if your brain completely switches off the part where decisions are being made. It’s called Aboulomania in which the person can’t even make a tiny decision. Left or right? OMG!
The headache doesn’t sound so bad now, does it?