It is a fact, Islam is the most misunderstood religion in the world. There are real-life incidents when Muslims proved that they are brave and courageous, saving lives and standing up for humanity.
The following real-life factual incidents prove that Islam is not about extremism but about helping others in need. Believe!
1. When Iraqi Muslims showed solidarity with Christians after an attack on minorities.
2. A Muslim security guard named Zouheir sacrificed his life, preventing the suicide bomber from entering the Stade de France in the recent Friday the 13th Paris attacks.
3. When Muslims of America stood up with Christians and raised money for burned Churches in Ramadan Kareem.
4. A hero Muslim shop assistant hid Jewish customers in a freezer of a store when it was attacked in France. He was awarded with French nationality.
5. A homeless Muslim in Rome saved an Israeli woman from drowning and became a hero.
6. A Muslim man in Lucknow, India, jumped in a 60-foot well to save a drowning cow.
7. In Mumbai, India, a Muslim customer saved a handicapped Hindu shopkeeper’s life after a man with a sword attacked him.
8. A Muslim woman saved a girl’s life in Flemington after she was about to be hit by a train, while she was struggling to get off the track.
9. A martyred Muslim policeman name Ahmed Merabat saved several lives in the Charlie Hebdo attack, sacrificing his own life.
There must be several other incidents like these, ones that didn’t get media attention, but whatever the case.. these heroes proved that Islam is not about terrorism but humanity – and the world needs to understand it!