Pakistanis mothers are super-emotional, short tempered, often illogical and extra-affectionate. They have stayed up all night for us, they always make our favorite dishes and they have tolerated our tantrums. Mothers are the best thing that happen to us.
Here are the few things Pakistani ammis do almost daily!
1) Your ammi knows exactly how to emotionally blackmail you
What your ammi is actually thinking: “You don’t have any choice now, do you?” This is followed by an evil laugh.
2) Your ammi can predict the future
Pakistani ammis are the masters of ‘I told you so’. Even when you are 80 years old, they will bring up something from the past just to remind you who’s the real boss.
3) Your ammi calls you ‘munna’, ‘gullu’ or ‘whatever your embarrassing pet name is’ in front of all your friends and colleagues
You are doomed forever, Chintu. Go, hide.
She is ultra-fast when it comes to burning food.
5) Pakistani ammis want to know exactly where you are and what you are doing
Before hanging up, she will ask you to bring dahi and anday.
6) Even when you tell the truth, your ammis tend to get suspicious
“No, Ammi. Really, I am studying.”
But mom! I wanted to be photograp… *slap*
8) But when you are home, Pakistani ammis will never be happy with your ‘rotis’
How can you not know the importance of a gol roti?
9) Or your career choices
There is no such thing as fat in ammi’s dictionary.
11) When it’s cold, they make sure you wear tons of clothes
If she’s feeling cold, then you must be feeling cold too. That’s the rule.
12) They save you from your dad’s unreasonable wrath
It works like a charm!
13) Your ammi knows where all the things are
Which can be quite disappointing at times.
14) Ammis never give up on their kids
Science project due tomorrow? No problemo.
Pimples? Let’s try out Zubaida appa ka totka!
Ammis are full of fantastic ideas and they are always strong and optimistic
15) They give the best hugs
So when life gets hard, you know where to turn.
Ammis are the best! Now, go hug your ammi right now.