How fun was it growing up as a Muslim? Your first roza, you learning how to pray, beatings from Maulana Sahab.. do you still remember those wonderful times?
Well, let the power of nostalgia take over you! Here we go down the memory lane.. Some of you might NOT have experienced these, but a lot have.
1. Miss your school, miss your lunch, miss your dinner but, don’t even dare to miss daily lessons from your maulana sahab.
2. If you’re a guy, you used to leave the house for prayers SECONDS before the ‘jamaat’ and be the first one to scurry back home.
3. The day you fasted for the first time had to be the longest day of your life! You almost thought you were going to pass out! However, you survived! WIN!
4. Admit it, this used to be your favorite jhoola every time your parents prayed. You LOVED it!
5. Your mom woke you up for Fajr everyday yelling:
6. You were not allowed to hang posters of animate beings. Nothing at all, no stuff toys as well, warna namaz nahi hoti.
7. This counter had to be your favorite toy if your parents ever owned one. How fun was it
to play with! *click click*
8. When you first started praying, you used to mumble a few random words and rushed your prayers.
9. ‘Allah’ was the very first word you were taught when you learned how to speak. Yeah, not ammi or abbu.
10. You anxiously waited for Eid ONLY for a sole purpose – EIDI!
11. When your parents taught you to say ‘InshaaAllah’ whenever you wanted something.
12. Finishing the Quran had to be the most demanding task at that time – you counted the remaining pages every single time. Right?
What do you remember and miss the most? Good times eh?
We’re by no means making fun of our religion, but something most of us have experienced while growing up as Muslims 🙂