Even if you hate to attend them, you cannot deny the fact that Pakistani weddings are truly spectacular. You see a great range of human species – the one who comes to eat food, the worried mother on a rishta hunt, that girl who wants to show off her new designer dress, the boy who wants to impress the girls… you get the gist, don’t you?
Well, here are the 10 things that you always witness in a Pakistani wedding.
1) You Always See Aunties Looking For Rishtas aka Perfect Matches
Weddings offer a super awesome chance to see the status of ‘potential’ rishta. Rishta-hunting aunties become super-investigators. They see whether the family arrived in a car or a taxi, if they are wearing a designer label and obviously, how much ‘salaami’ they give to the couple.
2) When You Witness People Trying To Solve The Mystery Of Enveloped Salaami Vs. Non-Enveloped Salaami
Let us solve this out for you:
Envopled Salaami = It means that a person is giving a less amount of money, so he has to hide it in an envelope. Akhir ko khandaan wale dekh rehe hain. (What will people say??)
Non-Envloped Salaami = The person is giving a ‘huge’ amount of money, so of course, he has to show it off. Sab ko pata to chale ke aap kitne ameer hai. (So people can know how rich you are!)
3) In Every Wedding, You See At Least One Girl Dressed Like A Bride
Yes, we get it! You got married one month ago and you couldn’t get enough of your bridal dress. Yes, please. Flaunt around. Aaj dobara rukhsat bhi hojain.
4) When They Announce The Dinner And Battles Break Out
Food is the best part, we agree. All is fair in love and a chance to eat free biryani.
5) When Relatives Get Mad Because Nobody Invited Them To The Stage
A photo with ‘dhulan dhula is a must! People be like: Hamari to koi izzat hi nai. Tsk tsk. Chalo, chalo. Khana kha lia? Let’s go home.
When someone finally invites them, they are like, ‘Huh. I don’t care. Main photo nahi banwati’. They are simply waiting to take revenge. Beware!
6) That Photographer Who Only Takes Your Photo When You Are Chewing On A Chicken Leg
*OMG. The spotlight is on me. Do I cover my face? Do I Smile?* Yes, smile so that they can see how much food you have stuffed in your mouth.
7) When Some Aunties Complain ‘Dulhan ka Makeup Natural Nai Lagraha’
Aunty-ji, next time you can do the makeup. You are way more better than a professional makeup artist. By the way, is that a bronzer or a concealer? Can’t figure it out.
8) When You See The Silent Groom Getting Ambushed
Yes, the notorious ‘joota chupayi rasam’ which often leads to life-long grudges. *Groom silently gives all the salaami to bride’s sisters while thinking ‘dekhna shaadi ke baad kia karta hun.’*
9) During Rukhsati, When Bride Tries Not To Cry Because Makeup Kharab Hojaiga
But she will end up crying anyway and her mascara will cry along with her. Moral support, you know.
10) That One Person Who Cries More Than The Bride
Weddings can be emotional, but dude, why are you crying a river? You have to make sure that person doesn’t get in the car with the couple.
Anything you would like to share?